The pomegranate is a delicious fruit known for its many beneficial qualities. It is high in fiber, potassium, vitamins and antioxidants. For more information about this wonderful fruit, please check our article “Pomegranate – A Super Food“.
If you are a serious pomegranate lover or are just curious about trying it, you will be delighted with this refreshing smoothie. Not only is it mouthwatering delicious but it is also very good for you.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 people
1 tablespoon honey
50 ml (1/4 cup) coconut milk
180 ml (3/4 cup) plain yogurt
Pomegranate arils for decoration
- Cut the pomegranate in half.
- Over a bowl, place the halved pomegranate face down on your hand and spread your finger.
- With a wooden spoon or plastic spatula, tap the top of the pomegranate. Repeat for the second half. Then, remove any white skin that stick to the arils.
- Cut the orange in half and juice it with a juicer or a fork.
- In a blender, whiz the arils of the pomegranate with orange juice. Blend until smooth and strain the liquid through a sieve.
- In a blender, pour the juice mixture and add the yogurt, honey, and coconut milk. Blend until frothy.
- Pour the smoothie into two tall glasses and sprinkle with the pomegranate arils (seeds).