Did you know? Germany is the world leader in the production of clean solar energy and wind power.
- In July 2013, Germany produced 5.1 TWh (terawatt-hours) of solar energy. Compared to this figure and approximately the same time period, the United States produced only 0.764 TWh of solar power.
- This is an incredible achievement for a country that has a lot less sunny days compared to the United States!
- A less known fact is that Germany is also a world leader in wind power generation.
- Germany ranks as number one in total-solar-capacity per-capita out of all world countries.
- At the time of writing this article, top solar energy producers in the world are: Germany, Italy, Belgium, Czech Republic and Greece.
- In spite of vast natural resources and available sunshine, the United States is a distant number 20 on this list.